X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Day Work-Week Law

My question is this:

Under the IL Sixday Work-Week Law I work Sunday and schedule my day of rest for Thursday and then Schedule a vaction day for Friday, which my employer approves. Can they turn around and cancel the DOR for Thurs.

So, they called you in to work which would be your seventh consecutive day worked? And, in case we need it, what 7-day period has your employer defined as the work week?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Our work week runs from Monday to Sunday. I this scenario I worked my regular work week (Monday - Friday), volunatarily worked Saturday and Sunday when it was offered and then scheduled my day of rest for the following Thursday. Then on Tuesday I scheduled an Vacation / Personal day for Friday. The company is telling me that they are cancelling my DOR on Thursday because of the Vacation Day Friday and then counting me absent for Thursday. I say this is not right.

Comment

It may not be fair, but I don't think the DOL would see it as a violation, because you voluntarily worked seven days in a row. It's a subjective call though, so I would contact the state Dept. of Labor and inquire.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X