This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• illinois enforcing child support

My ex has quit his job for a new one and has not been paying his child support. He will not tell me where he is working and is now behind 4 wks. I called the child support enforcement agency and they acted as if it wa no big deal and wont help me. They said that they have to give him the benefit of the doubt for 20 days but it is already past that. Do I have to file with the courts on my own to get something done or should I wait for them to wake up and do something?

Originally posted by hefnerbrats
    My ex has quit his job for a new one and has not been paying his child support. He will not tell me where he is working and is now behind 4 wks. I called the child support enforcement agency and they acted as if it wa no big deal and wont help me. They said that they have to give him the benefit of the doubt for 20 days but it is already past that. Do I have to file with the courts on my own to get something done or should I wait for them to wake up and do something?
    Wait about 2 more weeks. Sometimes garnishment takes awhile to begin when a NCP changes jobs. If in 2 weeks, you still haven't recieved any CS, call CSE back and ask them to check thier data bases for his new employer. They can now track by SSN and the new hires registry. You'll probably have to call them at least twice a week until they do something though.

Comment

They told me to call back every 30 days and I am not waiting that long for him to start paying child support. I will call them back in 2 wks though and see if they have any news. I have sent off for a self help guide with forms that I will need to file on my own just in case they dont want to help me go after him. I cant handle him getting away without paying the amount he was ordered to. He was selling cars and not turning in his commision checks so at the end of the year when the child support enforcement agency seen he had made 60 grand but had only been paying me 50 a week they finally took him back to court and he has only been paying the new amount for 2 months and now switched jobs again. This has been an ongoing thing with him since he was ordered to pay support the first time. When I met him he was 28 yrs old and had only had 2 jobs in his entire life,one lasting 10 yrs. Now that he was sued for child support he has now had 4 jobs in yrs.

Comment

You can go to court and file a Motion to enforce the current child support order. This should force his hand to provide the necessary information. However, I would initially wait 2 weeks to see if the delay is not him but his new employer submitting the necessary paperwork to the state disbursement unit.

Comment

Working...
        X