This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminated for underage drinking while i was off duty

I was recently fired from my management position at a local restaurant/bar chain. On my day off, I was drinking & eating at the restaurant and the BAR manager came up to me and said, hey those girls over there are underage and they are drinking, what should I do? I said, I donít know, Iím not working. Well she did no do anything but notified her manager (I assume) the next day. Well I was let go along with the other restaurant manager that was working but the bar manager was not. Is this legal? If all managers should be terminated, shouldnít the bar manager whom is in charge of the bar be let go as well? They are also denying my unemployment benefits, can they do this? Are there any actions that I can take?

It may not be fair, but it was legal. Based SOLELY on the facts in your post I'd have fired the bar manager too but I don't know all the facts of the situation and neither do you - there are no laws saying that the bar manager MUST be fired. Your employer cannot deny unemployment benefits; only the state can do that. Your employer has the legal right to contest benefits just as you have the legal right to appeal the decision if it goes against you.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X