This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTO/Sick Time

I work parttime for a small branch of a large healthcare corporation in Illinois. Actually, I jobshare (work MTW one week, TW the next week with another employee who works MThF one week, ThF the next). I accumulate 44 hours of PTO per year which is vacation, sick, and holiday combined. There are 6 full/part time employees, and 7 registry employees (no schedule, just fill ins). My local branch just initiated some new policies that I am not sure if they can do.

1) If you are are sick or need a vacation day, you must find your own replacement or it will not be accepted. The replacement has to be approved by the coordinator.

2) You must take PTO for all sick, vacation, and corporate holidays (we have 6). Unfortunately, I only get 44 hours PTO, and 6 holidays is 48.

3) If I want to trade a shift with the person I job share with, I must use PTO.

The coordinator has advised us that we cannot take to corporate HR, as they only handle recruiting.

Nothing you have decribed violates any labor laws. The employer is not required to give you any PTO to begin with; they get to make the rules about how and when it is used.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X