X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This Discrimination in Illinois?

I am a male Shipping/Receiving Clerk.
    The male team members are required to perform many tasks that the female Shipping/Receiving Clerks are not required to do. They were hired under the pretense they would be responsible for these tasks.
    We are all in the same pay grade.
    Any ideas?

Like what type of tasks?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Is this Discrimination in Illinois

A particular part of our job requires us to unload 12 foot long bundles of bar stock with a forklift. This is a Shipping / Receiving task.During the interview prior to hire, all employees are informed this task is to be performed by all team members. since then a couple of people have said they are too afraid to do it. This task has already been deemed "safe" by our Safety Administrator. So basicly these women are refusing to do the work. the problem is, our boss is letting them slide. So I believe 3 things are at stake here.
      1) The women could be forced to perform the task.
      2) The pay grade could be increased for those people who perform this task.
      3)The pay grade could be reduced for those people who do not perform these tasks.
      I just can't see it being legal that the men and women are in the same pay scale, and are not required to perform the same tasks, especially since gender favoritism is so prevelant and admitted to.

Comment

I absolutely agree with you and I agree this should be handled by the employer. Having said that, discrimination because of gender is illegal; however, favoritism is not. You are doing the tasks required of the job. If others are not, that is not discriminating against you, it's favoritism toward them. At this point, I don't see a discriminatory practice; I see an unfair employer.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X