This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois Parental Responsibility Laws

2 nights ago our garage was broken into and $1300.00 worth of my husbands tools were stolen. We have now found out that a 21 year old, 16 year old and 13 year old were all caught for the crime. My question is can I sue the parents of the 13 year old and 16 year old? All I would ask for is the amount which was stolen, lawyer fees, and court costs. Is this possible to do or not? Any help on the subject would be appreciated!!
    Last edited by sarb21; 02-02-2006, 12:31 PM.

Originally posted by sarb21
    2 nights ago our garage was broken into and $1300.00 worth of my husbands tools were stolen. We have now found out that a 21 year old, 16 year old and 13 year old were all caught for the crime. My question is can I sue the parents of the 13 year old and 16 year old? All I would ask for is the amount which was stolen, lawyer fees, and court costs. Is this possible to do or not? Any help on the subject would be appreciated!!
    Yes. you can sue the parents of the minors because they are legally responsible for thier child's actions. I hope that you plan to sue the 21 yr old also.

Speak to the DA to see if restitution can be ordered, this way you will be reimbursed without having to sue.

Comment

Working...
    X