This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unemployment

I am accepting voluntary severance and am curious as to how that will affect drawing unemployment. Does anyone know the law pertaining to such an event?

Thanks

When you asked the state UI commission, what did they say?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I haven't asked yet

Originally posted by cbg
      When you asked the state UI commission, what did they say?
      I haven't asked yet as I haven't accepted the voluntary resignation. It is on the table from the company. They have need for me to leave so that my position can open up for another to move in. I am 60 and facing a lay off in a couple of months anyway so the voluntary severance seemed like a good idea.

Comment

I don't have time to search this website, but here's a start:
        http://www.ides.state.il.us/individual/default.asp
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I still think your best bet is to ask the UI commission as a hypothetical. No one here can tell you for certain how this would work.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg
            I still think your best bet is to ask the UI commission as a hypothetical. No one here can tell you for certain how this would work.
            Thank you... I have already pulled the phone number to ask that question.

Comment

Working...
            X