This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my employer withheld money

I worked at a car lot. My employer and I were mutual friends. I had borrowed money from him previous to me quitting. He did not give me my last 2 paychecks. As far as I know you can't withhold money none the less not give me my paychecks.
    Last edited by lmoore; 01-17-2006, 01:59 PM. Reason: sp

You can do one of two things. You can report your friend to the state DOL. They'll help you get your money but you can kiss that friendship goodbye. Or you can pay your friend the money you owe him so that he'll release your paychecks.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Can an employer deduct lunch breaks without my permission?

Hi - I am employed in Illinois as a manager in a retail store. I cannot take 30 minute lunch breaks as required by my manager because there is no one to replace me when I am needed to do a return or help a customer when the register clerk is too busy. Therefore, I am constantly being interrupted during my break. My manager has deducted 30 minutes off my check per day stating I must take a lunch break. Is this legal? Thank you for any input.

Comment

They may require you to take a lunch break and they may discipline you up to and including termination if you fail to do so. However, if you work through your lunch break they must pay you for it.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
        X