This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• write ups

Do we have to give the employee a copy of the write up for their own records? they have signed one for ours and are asking for a copy for themselves. If we do not have to give them a copy or if it is our choice does anyone have any advice on the way to go about it?

Why would you NOT want them to have a copy?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Although the law does not require that you give them a copy, I can think of no reason why you should refuse. It is only courteous to allow it, sensible to give them a copy so that they can refer to it in future and could, in the long run, make the difference in a contested unemployment claim if you can prove that he had been told of his unsatisfactory behavior/performance.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

It's not that i don't want to give it to them. I just wasn't sure how that all works we don't usually write people up. we did though.

Comment

Every place I've ever worked it's been standard policy to give the employee a copy of the write up. It's also a good idea if you have them sign it, which is also good proof that he is aware of what he was told. (Signing it does not mean they agree with the write up, only that they are aware of the contents.)
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
          X