This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinos wage act

Illinois wage act. I am on a employer requested leave of absence with pay. I just received my check and the wage was drastically reduced without my knowledge. Is this legal? Thanks

Since your employer has no legal obligation to offer you paid leave at all, yes, it is legal.

However, when you return to work it should be at the former rate unless you are notified otherwise between now and then.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response!! However, I think it is crazy that they can ask you to take a leave with full pay and then reduce pay without notice. I did not resign or quit but asked to take a leave.

Comment

I understand. But the fact remains that with VERY few exceptions, none of which apply here, they do not need to pay you when you do not work, regardless of whose decision it was that you do not work. The fact that they are paying you ANYTHING is more than they are required to do by law.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
        X