This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid Holiday

I was informed last week that we will not be getting paid for Christmas or New Years because it falls on Sunday and it isn't one of our regular work days even though during December we do work on Sundays. In our employee handbook it states "The paid holidays for each year are New years Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, July 4th, Thanksgiving, and Christmas Day. No holiday pay will be paid if the employee is not working the day before or the day after a recognized holiday" It doesn't say anything about what day it has to fall on or not fall on to get holiday pay. I work the day before and the day after Christmas and New Years and she is refusing to pay holiday pay. I'm assuming she can do it but I think it is unfair. Just wondering anything I can do and I get paid hourly
    Last edited by ekles5; 12-24-2005, 10:06 AM.

It may or may not be unfair, but you are correct in that it isn't illegal. The statement in the handbook implies that the policy is that those are, in fact, the holidays, with no provision for holiday pay for those who are not normally scheduled to work that day. Otherwise, the policy would probably say so.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X