X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoMotiv
    started a topic Dating Minor (Illinois)

Dating Minor (Illinois)

Well, I know new laws have passed lately in Illinois. I heard from some people that 17 Is the legal age to make decisions now. I have a situation kind of.

Im 18 and my g/f is 14. We've been dating for 6 months on Christmas now. Im a Senior in Highschool and shes a freshman. Were 3-4 Years apart in age. The problem is this.

-Her parents are getting a Divorce and they are making everything really hard on her. Shes not aloud to see me outside of school anymore. I know that there's a law somewhere that says, Kissing is legal as long as its under 5 years. Im also shure its up to her parents to make her decisions since shes under the age of 17 or 18 whichever it is. So if her parents dont want us to date were not aloud to date are we? So say if her mom ever called the police I couldnt get in trouble for anything because weve never done anything Sexually.

Im just wondering that is there anyway that any of this can come back and bite me in the rear? We've never done anything sexually, so theres no proof of anything sexually. We've just been a good couple, but her parents are ruining alot with all of the Fighting between them going on. She hates living with them because they care less about her and more about the Younger Siblings.

-Also is there any way that she can move into her grandma's if she wanted to get away from all of this, or move in with my family? Or does moving also need a parents consent?

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by NoMotiv; 12-20-2005, 10:55 AM.

• pty
    replied
    Originally posted by NoMotiv
    I heard from some people that 17 Is the legal age to make decisions now.
    The age of majority in IL is 18. Until that time, Mom and Dad are in charge.

I know that there's a law somewhere that says, Kissing is legal as long as its under 5 years.
    Iím not sure what law youíre talking about. But, for example:
    The accused commits criminal sexual abuse if he or she commits an act of sexual penetration or sexual conduct with a victim who was at least 13 years of age but under 17 years of age and the accused was less than 5 years older than the victim.

So, as I understand it, if you have sexual contact (which granted, is more than an innocent kiss, but actual penetration is not required) with her, then itís criminal sexual abuse.

So if her parents dont want us to date were not aloud to date are we?
    No, youíre not.

So say if her mom ever called the police I couldnt get in trouble for anything because weve never done anything Sexually.
    If youíve done nothing sexual, then one would think that you couldnít be charged with (or at least found guilty) of a sexual crime, but that doesnít mean there is nothing her parents could do. For example, one thing they could do is get a restraining order against you. Granted, that would be sticky since you attend the same school, but still they can ask the court to order you to stay away from her.

Also is there any way that she can move into her grandma's if she wanted to get away from all of this, or move in with my family?
    Her parents get to decide where she lives. Without their consent, she cannot leave home unless the court removes/transfers custody--thatís not going to happen unless her parents are proven to be unfit. And even in that case, the chances of a court allowing her to move in with her boyfriendís family are about a hundred-million-billon to one (and yes, I know thatís not an actual number ).

Sorry it wasn't better news for you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X