This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ??? Illinois

Ive been working for my current employer for well i started in sept of 03 then left in june of 05 with one raise of 75 cents for moving up from crew to mang. then came back in jan 07 till current and everytime i ask for a raise he tells me its not in our budget but the other mang when she got her 2 yrs in she got a 50 cent raise but i still have yet to recieve that? one of our crew members has been there for 18 yrs and only gets a raise when minn wage goes up once a year? the boss says that he gets free meals everyday ? i was just curious if this is ok? no raises no vacation no benifits no nothing? someone help me out on this one thank you

There are no laws that require an employer to give raises, other than if minimum wage goes up and you are earning below the new minimum. Nor is the employer required to give all, or even all similarly situated, employees a raise if one employee gets one. Unless you have a valid and supportable reason to believe that you have not been given a raise BECAUSE OF a characteristic protected by law (race, religion, national origin, etc.), it sounds as if the only way for you to get a raise is to find a new employer.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X