This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving Early Sick Illinois

Our employer wants an ambulance called if someone is sick - every time someone is sick regardless of the reason. You are allowed to refuse transport if the condition is not life threatening. If refused then it is up to management to decide if you can go home. If approval is given then you must wait until someone can come in to relieve you before you will be allowed to go home. This has never been the policy before, and a new manager is wanting to make these changes. Are these rules acceptable under IL laws?

They are extreme, not cost effective, and the new manager will no doubt find them coming back to bite him in the backside, but they are not in violation of any employment law.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Was going to say, I'm thinking maybe this manager thinks that employees will not ask to go home sick if this is what is going to happen, thereby reducing missed work time. However, how many employees take a shot at going to work when they feel not really great, but not terrible either, thinking if they feel worse, they can go home? I bet this will result in people calling in sick for the whole day in that situation.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X