X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindsay2009
    started a topic Unemployed offered a part-time job Illinois

Unemployed offered a part-time job Illinois

I stumbled across this site in pursuit of finding an answer to my question. I perused through various threads to try and find my answer, but I figured I ought to just post my question here and see what people have to say (or link me to).

I was let go from my job in December of last year in Chicago, IL. In March, I moved to DC to find another job. I still collect unemployment as of now from IL.

I have been presented with a job that will be just over the summer (it's full time for the summer, but it's guaranteed to end in August). I was also offered an opportunity to work for an unpaid job that does not have an end date.

My questions are as follows:

1. Does the unpaid job affect my unemployment?
    2a. If I take the paid job over the summer, will I be able to collect unemployment post the job?
    2b. If this is the case, what do I do to notify IL of this change?
    3. If the job pays less than my current unemployment before taxes, do I make up the difference over the duration of the job?
    4. If the job pays less than my current unemployment after taxes (but not before), do I make up any difference?

Thanks in advance!

• Pattymd
    replied
    What is an unpaid job? Seriously. What would you be doing and what type of business would you be doing it for? Not the name of the company, please.

Leave a comment:

• DAW
    replied
    I am not a UI expert, but one potential issue is that to the extent you have a job or jobs (unpaid or otherwise) it raises the question of whether or not you are both actually available for work and actively looking for a new job.

I am sure that other responders can see other possible issues.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X