This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racial Discrimination Illinois

I was just wondering if any organization would be able to hire employees of just one race? Is it possible for any employer to do this in any state.

We don't do homework.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Ya know what... I am going to answer anyway.

If a company is small enough (say, 5 people or less), then they do not have the same hiring rules.

However, there are some organizations that can ignore the discrimination statutes...

For instance, FUBU, NOW, reporters for women athletes, Augusta National, Girl Scouts, National Black Caucus, etc.

You figure out the common denominators....

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

The reason I was asking is because I work for a small retailer. We only have a handfull of employees and only hispanic males. There have been many people with proper credentials to work with us but he(the owner) states we are not hiring, yet we are, and need someone badly. I was wondering if this was legal. His business is also "headquartered" in another state which is why I asked if any other states allow this.
        Thanks

Comment

How many employees work for this business?

Comment

7 of us and then the owner and his son.

Comment

The federal & Illinois state discrimination laws would require 15 or more employees for the laws to apply. (1 or more employees in Il. for disability discrimination)
              Last edited by Betty3; 03-24-2008, 10:41 PM.
              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
              X