This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PLEASE HELP MY FRIEND Illinois- MiSSISSIPPI

My friend is going through a custody battle right now. She has the childs B.C. and the bio-fathers name is not on it. Her new Husband is on it....

Her childs bio father has petetioned the courts for sole-custody but has included in his paperwork a paragraph that says in the event that he is not awarded sole custody that he wants joint custody....... He does have a copy of the DNA test that shows he is the father biologically......

He called her earlier today and asked her if he could come by for a visit and pick up the kid to go up to IL and see his family for some big family reunion... She lives in Mississippi with the child.

SHOULD SHE LET THE CHILD GO??????

NO!

If he is going to take her to court for custody, they need to see how it plays out. Visits where the child lives is one thing, but you don't want to let him take the child out of the state. If he doesn't bring him back he could try to say that mom let him take him. Just too many posibilities.

Comment

Absolutely NOT. It is suspicious that he would want to take the child out of state for the very first visit.
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

Comment

I think he is a jerk...

My friend is a good mother she has two older children that have a great relationship with their father... Her other two see their dad anytime they want...

He showed up just intime for the birth.... Made a big fuss about how great a daddy he was.... then he left the baby and mother at the hospital and had his NEW Girlfriend take him to the CLUB....

She is totally agrees that GOOD fathers should have rights however she says that this guy put her into tears when the baby was born at the hospital.... I was there and he threatened to come and take the baby from her if she applied for any assistance...CHILD SUPPORT.....

He made several threats that he would win the child no matter what because she lives with her two older kids and holds no real job in his eyes.....

MY FRIEND was so worried and upset that SHE CRYIED for days on end... Her two other kids father steped in and helped her during this time and ended up getting remarried to her!!!! He is afraid that this other jerk will end up upsetting his kids too!!!! Right now the two other kids are in counseling to try to understand and deal with thier baby sisters daddy wants to take her away.....

Before she could get released he called Social Services on her.... and claimed that she was a danger to the child because of her emitional State...... Then She had to spend an extra two days there with her new baby waiting for the doctor to release her........

Anyhow She does work.. She is a stay at home mother and runs an inhome day for friends of hers and she also works from the internet.... She doesnt draw any thing like WELFARE ... She even pays for her own medical insurance. The other two kids father pays for his kids insurance.....

SHE IS SCARED THAT IF SHE DOESNT LET HIM SEE THE KID ... THEN HE"LL USE IT AGAINST HER IN COURT!!!!

HE IS MILITARY and lives in VIRGINIA at the moment but HE IS A RESIDENT OF ILLINIOS!!!!!!
        Last edited by mother_of_3; 06-06-2006, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mother_of_3
          My friend is a good mother she has two older children that have a great relationship with their father... Her other two see their dad anytime they want...

He showed up just intime for the birth.... Made a big fuss about how great a daddy he was.... then he left the baby and mother at the hospital and had his NEW Girlfriend take him to the CLUB....

She is totally agrees that GOOD fathers should have rights however she says that this guy put her into tears when the baby was born at the hospital.... I was there and he threatened to come and take the baby from her if she applied for any assistance...CHILD SUPPORT.....

He made several threats that he would win the child no matter what because she lives with her two older kids and holds no real job in his eyes.....

MY FRIEND was so worried and upset that SHE CRYIED for days on end... Her two other kids father steped in and helped her during this time and ended up getting remarried to her!!!! He is afraid that this other jerk will end up upsetting his kids too!!!! Right now the two other kids are in counseling to try to understand and deal with thier baby sisters daddy wants to take her away.....

Before she could get released he called Social Services on her.... and claimed that she was a danger to the child because of her emitional State...... Then She had to spend an extra two days there with her new baby waiting for the doctor to release her........

Anyhow She does work.. She is a stay at home mother and runs an inhome day for friends of hers and she also works from the internet.... She doesnt draw any thing like WELFARE ... She even pays for her own medical insurance. The other two kids father pays for his kids insurance.....

SHE IS SCARED THAT IF SHE DOESNT LET HIM SEE THE KID ... THEN HE"LL USE IT AGAINST HER IN COURT!!!!

HE IS MILITARY and lives in VIRGINIA at the moment but HE IS A RESIDENT OF ILLINIOS!!!!!!
          He really won't be able to just take the child away without showing good cause as to why the child shouldn't be with the mother. What she can do is try to make arrangements with him to meet her and the child somewhere so they can visit. But until there is an order in place, because the order is enforceble, then to just let him take the child is not a good idea. What she could do is send him a ceritfied letter with return reciept, telling him that they could make up a schedule for him to come and visit with her. She would then have the documentation that she is trying to allow him to see the child, whether he takes it or not.

With the finances all she would have to do if the court asks, is to show that she does support herself and the children. The father can say all he wants but it is what he can prove.

Comment

Originally posted by mother_of_3
            My friend is going through a custody battle right now. She has the childs B.C. and the bio-fathers name is not on it. Her new Husband is on it....

Her childs bio father has petetioned the courts for sole-custody but has included in his paperwork a paragraph that says in the event that he is not awarded sole custody that he wants joint custody....... He does have a copy of the DNA test that shows he is the father biologically......

He called her earlier today and asked her if he could come by for a visit and pick up the kid to go up to IL and see his family for some big family reunion... She lives in Mississippi with the child.

SHOULD SHE LET THE CHILD GO??????
            And that would be called FRAUD. Your friend needs to contact a criminal defense attorney ASAP to get this mess that she has created, straightened out.

Comment

Originally posted by ceara
              And that would be called FRAUD. Your friend needs to contact a criminal defense attorney ASAP to get this mess that she has created, straightened out.
              But we don't know everything. Maybe she had been with both men around the same time. It could have been a mistake. Yes she should get it straitened out, but we should assume she did it intentionally.
              Last edited by tina5160; 06-07-2006, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by tina5160
                But we don't know everything. Maybe she had been with both men around the same time. It could have been a mistake. Yes she should get it straitened out, but we should assume she did it intentionally.
                Read post #4.

She knowingly and willfully put another man's name on the child's birth certificate. Even if it was as you described and she just "wasn't quite sure" it is still CRIMINAL FRAUD to put a person's name on her child's birth certificate if she knows that there is a reasonable chance that someone else is the father.

Comment

Working...
                X