This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois/ workplace harrassement?

I have worked as a waitress for the last ten years, in a family restraunt--we'll say..i was employed there when the current owners took over--about 5-6 years ago. One of my current bosses--i use to work with at another place, not as an owner--just a coworker..He did not like me there and he does not like me now..there have been several verbal confrontations over the years--and 90% of them were about unfounded petty krap--sidework--he said--she said--of course he being the one who signs the checks--i go bawling away--i don't bawl to much anymore--anyways i work sat through wed--i came into work this last sat and ten minutes after i was working he stoped me and said"last wen--as usual you did not do your side work--if this happens again you will be suspended for two days--if it happens after that you will be fired" now apparently this only applies to me--there are others who do far less than i do and nothing ever gets said to them..A few minutes later upon rounding the corner, and saying "corner", so as not to run into anyone. And i heard him say "shut the hell up". I asked my other boss why he did and said what he did and said and he told me to ask him---thanks for the support--as i work with him more than the other--I have been dealing with this for years--my job being threatened and all the other stuff--is there anything i can do short of giving him what he wants and quitting--i told him along time ago that i would not quit--he would have to fire me--

Afraid not, other than putting up with it. Nothing you have posted suggests any illegal behavior. He can't treat you differently than other employees because of your membership in a group protected by law, but he can if it's because he just doesn't like you.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X