No announcement yet.

Profit Sharing Distribution Illinois

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Profit Sharing Distribution Illinois

    Where on the government level can I receive information and file a complaint regarding a previous employers refusal to send me my profit sharing information/payout for which I was 100% vested? I terminated my employment with the company last October (fiscal year end was Sept. 30th). My employer did make a 2005 contribution and other employees who are still with the company received their statements over a month ago. I was sent my profit sharing disbursement forms last December, which were filled out, signed, noterized and returned in January. I have sent several certified letters requesting a copy of the Summary of Plan Description (the first time last November) and most recently I have requested my statements as I know the Plan Adminstrator is in receipt of. The Plan Adminstrator has refused to respond to my letters. I feel that he is holding these documents and my disbursement of funds out of spite as this is a small company (10 employees, only 6 in the plan) and he and his wife were very upset when I turned in my notice. They wanted to counter offer and I would not accept a counter offer from them, for my balance of time there after turning in my notice I was sworn at, called names and talked very badly about from the principals of the company to other employees. I am expecting a pay out of approx. $30k and am losing interest on my money while they are gaining interest.

  • #2
    I would start with the IL DOL.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.