This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOLDING WAGES Illinois

My employer is threating to hold my wages (which is my final cause I quit) because of a mistake they are claiming is my fault. I am a auto damage appraiser and I get paid per assignment that I do. I wrote a estimate on a car that turn out to have some unseen problems. I wasn't made aware of these problems until after the car repair was complete which cause the car to go over total loss value . My employer is a Independent Appraisal Company and because of this problem the insurance company is saying they want to collect from the company and in turn the owner is saying this 2400 dollar problem will be deducted from my pay check, can they do that???

:mad
    :

Not legally, unless you signed a specific written authorization allowing them to do so. However, threatening to do it is not illegal; only following through without the proper authorization from you. Here's the applicable law:
    http://www.state.il.us/agency/idol/faq/qawage.htm
    Last edited by Pattymd; 06-01-2006, 11:04 AM.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X