X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

employer

Originally posted by burb4pam View Post
    Does a potential employer have to get your signed permission to contact previously employers? Or can they simply call and inquire about you without your knowledge?

Do past employers have the right to bash past employees to a current/potential employer?
    I just gave permission to someone so they can contact my previous empoyer. It was asked on the aplication.

Comment

Is there a law in Idaho for paying double time or is it up to each individual employer?
      It is up to the employer.
      I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Is there a law in Idaho for paying double time or is it up to each individual employer?
        You originated this thread, but the topic is completely different, so it would have been best to start a new one. Maybe the moderator will extract your post and my reply and put them in a new thread.

Legally required double time exists only in California, so far as I know.

There are companies that will exceed the requirements of the law and pay it even though not legally required to do so. There aren't many of them.
        Senior Professional in Human Resources and Certified Staffing Professional with over 30 years experience. Any advice provided is based upon experience and education, but does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

Colorado over 12 hours a day, I think.

But definitely not Idaho.
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

For some reason the software is not permitting me to move the posts into their own thread. But I concur that a new topic should have been a new thread.

Colorado requires time and a half after 12 hours. Only California ever requires double time.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
            X