X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gern
    started a topic Unpaid commissions when leaving Idaho

Unpaid commissions when leaving Idaho

I am preparing to leave my current position as a sales person for an electronics firm. I am paid by commission. One of the issues that has lead to my departure is our inability to build and ship the products that I have sold. I do not receive my commission until the products ship. I understand that I am due the unpaid commission + 50% of my accrued vacation time (the 50% is based on company policy). Here's my question, what commission am I entitled to?
    1) Commission due and unpaid from the previous month.
    2) Commission due + commission on product that has shipped MTD.
    3) Unpaid commission due + unpaid commission on all sales that have been closed by me, but has not shipped due to the company's inability to build the products and ship.

Thanks

• Pattymd
    replied
    It seems the plan is pretty clear; commission not earned until product is shipped. Unless the agreement provides exceptions to this for delays, the agreement is the agreement, and the commission has not been earned if the product has not shipped.

However, we can't read your commission agreement from here, and the devil is in the details (plus the fact that, if the agreement can be construed to be a contract, only an attorney versed in contract and employment law in the state of Idaho would be qualified to tell you). It might be worth paying a small fee to get an attorney to review the document.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X