This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• idaho final check Idaho

if an employee quits, how long be law does the employer have to pay them their final paycheck

if the employee is terminated, how long?

It's the same for both voluntary and involuntary terminations. The earlier of the next regularly scheduled payday or 10 business days from the last day worked.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

what if they put in writing that they want it asap?

Comment

Within 48 hours of the request. My sources don't specify that it's business days only, so I'd assume calendar days to be safe.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Where could I find the print out for this law?

Comment

http://www3.state.id.us/cgi-bin/newi...id=450060006.K

Comment

Upon layoff or termination by either the employer or the employee, all wages due must be paid to the employee the earlier of the next regularly scheduled payday or within 10 days of termination, weekends and holidays excluded. If the employee makes a written request for earlier payment of his wages, all wages then due must be paid within 48 hours, excluding weekends and holidays.
              Idaho Code 45-606

Patty, maybe it is just me but I wasn't able to bring up the link you provided.

(PS - unless it is just unavailable at this time - I tried again & still couldn't.)
              Last edited by Betty3; 04-05-2009, 01:49 PM. Reason: add PS
              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Worked for me just now.

Comment

Works for me too.
                  The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Well!! I tried just now & it tells me site cannot be found & to try a different search term or check spelling. Apparently, it is just me with the problem for that link. I can bring up the links in other posts though.
                    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
                      Well!! I tried just now & it tells me site cannot be found & to try a different search term or check spelling. Apparently, it is just me with the problem for that link. I can bring up the links in other posts though.

It's just you, Betty3.

Here's the law:

TITLE 45

CHAPTER 6
                      CLAIMS FOR WAGES
                      45-606. PAYMENT OF WAGES UPON SEPARATION FROM EMPLOYMENT. (1) Upon layoff, or upon termination of employment by either the employer or employee, the employer shall pay or make available at the usual place of payment all wages then due the employee by the earlier of the next regularly scheduled payday or within ten (10) days of such layoff or termination, weekends and holidays excluded. However, if the employee makes written request upon the employer for earlier payment of wages, all wages then due the employee shall be paid within forty-eight (48) hours of the receipt of such request, weekends and holidays excluded.

Comment

Yep - apparently so - it's just me.

I'm glad what I typed out was the same as the link. (same code)

Comment

Working...
                        X