This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's in a contract

I just began as a contractor for a company that trains the military on some equipment. I have my duty description, but for two weeks now I have asked for a copy of my contract and my employer is dragging on providing me this information. The clerk that maintains all records has this in her computer but was told not to let amyone see it it.
    Is it legal to withhold this information from me and do I have a right to see what is in my contractor as far as contractorial duties go?

Are you an employee or an IC?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

employee to a government contractor.

Comment

I don't see why they would withhold this from you, if that's all it is, which now I'm wondering. Can you at least get a job description?
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I have a copy of my duty description. The problem is every now and then my company puts us in situations or on projects that aren't covered in the duty description but they say "its in your contract"? Ok show me the contract!
          They won't do I have any legal course of action I can take to see this document?

Comment

Does it say in your Job Description "and all duties assigned" or something to that effect? If it does, then you are being asked to do what your job description says.
            Somedays you're the windshield and somedays you're the bug.

Comment

Working...
            X