This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depoosit was short.... Georgia

I was an assistant manager at (a fast food place). I primarily was the closing manager. I compiled a deposit one evening (with a crew member watching me) and put the deposit in a chili meat bag because there were no deposit bags. I then placed ther deposit in the (restaurant) safe and left. The next day I came in and my General Manager said my deposit was short. I told her there was no way , I counted it 2x's and the amount was $666.00, and that a crew member watched me, and even joked that I needed to add a penny or dollar to change the deposit from 666. My manager then left. Later that evening my manager called intoxicated and said a few things, then hung up. Called again and fired me.Turns out the deposit received by the bank was not in the same bag I placed my deposit in! I was initially granted unemployment, then (my employer) appealed it, and was then disqualified. I am now at the Board of Review stage waiting....
    Last edited by cbg; 04-13-2011, 04:43 PM.

Thank you for sharing your story. When you have a legal question, be sure to let us know. (And please do not name the employer in your post - thanks again.)
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Did you have a specific question?

Good luck on getting granted UI.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X