This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending me back to work when I can't do the job. Georgia

I am really confused and worried about the decisions of my workman's comp doctor and the workman's comp insurance worker that are trying to get me to go back to work. I cannot lift things and if I force myself to do it, I hurt for the rest of the day. The doctor has released me to go back to work, full release, and told me if I still hurt to call and set an appointment...but not withing in the first week. He wants me to go back and just try to do the work. I have been on workman's comp here in Georgia over a year and I still have pain and numbness and so many different types of pains in my thumb and forearm. I know I will not be able to do the work that they are telling me to go do. I can't even ride my motorcycle without pain or lift a plastic grocery sack with my right hand. I have adjusted my carrying techniques to incorporate not using my thumb or using my left hand in this past year. I have recently tried to use my right thumb more in the past few weeks and the pain stays until I finally fall asleep at night, I also have noticed numbness in the tip of the thumb when I try to use it regularly. I am in pain right now just typing. It tires my whole arm after using it and I just don't know what to do.

If I go back to work and stay over 5 days ....will this void my workman's comp or is this procedure to see if I can at least try it? I had been released to go back light duty months and months ago but my company said they do not have light duty at all. PLEASE help. Should I get an attorney at this point?

duplicate post.

In the future, please post in only one forum. The responders here read all the forums and having your post in more than one place merely splits up the answers. Thanks.

Be patient, it's a holiday.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
    X