Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

can you receive benefits if you are laid off from two jobs at the same time Georgia

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can you receive benefits if you are laid off from two jobs at the same time Georgia

I Had two jobs and was fired from one. I have been collecting unemployment from the first job and i have now been laid off due to budget cuts from my other job. Can I apply for unemployment from the second job even though I am currently receiving benefits from my first?

That isn't the way UI benefits work. Your benefit is based on your TOTAL income during the associated base period, not just that of the employer who laid you off. You will want to notify the UI commission that you are no longer working at the second job since there may have been an offset from your current wages. But you will not be able to open a second claim, if that is what you were thinking.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X