This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Abandonment Denied UI in Georgia Georgia

For six months I drove from Atlanta, Ga to Jacksonville, Fl at my own expense, hotels, gas, etc. I was a contractor through a temp agency in Florida, to an insurance company Jacksonville. I would leave for Fl on Sunday around noon and get back home late Friday night, I had Saturday to wash clothes, take care of business, family, etc. I am a software developer and the company is understaffed, so the deadlines are tight and 60 hrs a week is not uncommon just to keep up with the demand. On 1/10/2010 Sun, I left Atlanta early and worked a few hours on Sunday, then 12 hours on Monday, came into work on Tues morning at 5:00 am and worked 8 hours, and the pressure, exhaustion of the 6 months routine just got to me, also I am 54 and have lost some of my indurance. Didn't say anything to anybody and remember I had already worked 8 hours, I got my stuff together, personal belongings, and left, but as I walked by the security desk I handed my badge in . I went to the hotel and slept a couple of hours, had a change of heart called my temp agency and told them what I had done and why I had done it. I was also working with someone inside the company I was contracted to. I stayed around until the next day and called my temp agency again to see what hey said and he told me that I had abandoned my job and that was it. I was shocked, in that six months I never missed a day, got along with everybody, did not miss deadlines, I am still shocked. I am appealing the denial of the claim because their explanation is just not true of what happened. Their explanation "He walked off the job litereally. He said he was not doing the work he wanted to do and he was overwhelmed and frustrated and he quit. Left his badge and that was it. He is not eligible for future assignment." Where she got most of this from I have idea, I never talked to her about any of this. I did turn my badge in that is the truth but there it where the truth ends.

What is your question?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

That I didn't abandon my job, I had a bad moment and tried to recover, tried to go back to work and wasn't allowed too. The person that wrote the reason to for me to be denied no way has first hand knowledge of what happened

Comment

It seems you did turn in your badge. Certainly appeal & just tell the truth. There is no way we can know what will be decided during the appeal.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Does the fact that I was driving over 400 mles one way a week for a job and that it is not usual for my type of work mean anything.

Comment

That's up to the state UI commission.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Agree, there is no way we can know what will be decided during the appeal. You just need to bring everything up during the appeal & they will make a decision. They will take all facts into consideration.
              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I do appreciate your guys time. Thank you

Comment

Working...
                X