This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• domestic abuse and appeal for UI in GA Georgia

I am having to file an appeal for my unemployment. I was let go after seven years because I was in a very scary violent relationship. The week before I lost my job I had left my Fiancee. My company wanted to see me safe and even gave me severance. I was fired for substandard work and for being late. I have all the records from the courts including all the emails he had been sending. He lost his job as well for making threats through email. Should I include everything?

Thank you for your help.

I'm not trivializing your situation at all, please believe me.

But, I don't understand this statement.
    I was let go after seven years because I was in a very scary violent relationship.
    What do the two have to do with each other? Was he threatening you at your workplace?

What was the reason given by the state is denying your claim?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I appreciate your response. I will try to explain as simple as I can. It really was/is a LONG story.

We were to be married in April. In January his brother committed suicide. From that point on he just snapped. We were all in a state of shock. He would constantly call and email me at work. And when at home I was on edge. I worked at a doctor's office and my office manager was fully aware of the situation. It got so bad that I really thought he was going to kill me and I had to get a restraining order. That is also the date I was let go.

I applied for unemployment and was originally approved. Then I had to leave the state for my safety and during that time I received a letter stating I was actually denied. I missed my appeal date and was told to still submit one. I am finally back in GA and things have settled down.

The reason for my denial is absenteeism/tardiness with warning. (I had received my warning a week earlier.)

Decision code D10202

I missed work for the restraining order and during the funeral.

Please let me know if I need to supply any more information.

Comment

I'm sorry for your situation.

So, the company initiated the termination for your safety?

You must be unemployed or partially unemployed through no fault of
        your own to receive benefits. Information will be obtained from your
        employer regarding your separation. Examples of potentially
        qualifying reasons are:
        You were laid off due to lack of work.
        You are still working but the employer reduced your hours due
        to a lack of work.
        You were fired without work-related misconduct.
        You quit your job for a good work-related reason
        (emphasis mine)
        http://www.dol.state.ga.us/pdf/forms/dol414.pdf

I am also sending you a PM.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
        X