This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unemployment for voluntary furlough? Georgia

in order to avoid furloughs, my company offered 6 month leaves. i took one and filed for unemployment. my company has offered these leaves in the past to avoid furloughs and other employees have collected unemployment. i was denied unemployment because i took a voluntary leave. i will appeal this, but wondered what georgia's laws were regarding taking a voluntary furlough. lots of states grant unemployment benefits. i tried to find something in writing, but don't know how to find it! this is my first time taking a leave like this.

During your appeal, the ALJ will decide whether this should be considered a voluntary leave or not & whether benefits should be approved or denied. It's their decision.

Just tell the truth during the appeal - that you took "voluntary" leave in place of furlough.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
    X