This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA Unemployment Benefits Georgia

I have a questions about filing for unemployment benefits. I worked was working for a company as a 1099 for a few weeks but now there is no work. In the past, I was working for companies that did take out taxes, etc. I was laid off for lack of work at those companies. Can I go file for unemployment pay now?

Can't hurt to try. You should be eligible if you have enough reported wages in the base period.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Do I need to list those employments on the filing? I was denied by one of the three companies last year?

Comment

You weren't denied by the employer, you were denied by the state. What were the circumstances of your separation from the last job (before the 1099 gig) and how long ago did that occur? Do you have an open claim at this time?
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

It was at the first of Jan 09. I have not applied for benefits since August of 08. Well, I had to go do 90 days and was told they would hold my job. However, the econmy turned worse and therefore when I was done with my 90 days went back but the conpany was on a downward spiral and could not put me to work. They were actually laying people off...

Comment

Your claim is open for one year. Contact the unemployment folks and tell them you want to re-open your claim. Your benefit amount will not be recalculated.

Comment

The place in August 08 was different from the one in Jan 09 does that matter?

Comment

It shouldn't. You started working, so you stopping filing weekly claims. Now you aren't working any more, so you should be able to start filing again.

Comment

My original claim was over a year old, from when I was turned down , it was actually June of 08. How do I go about filing now? I worked two places after that from June of 08 to Dec 08, went and did my 90 days , called place no work, then the 1099 gig. Whne I go to the unemployment office who do I file against?

Comment

It would have to be the last subject employer (not the 1099 gig).

Comment

Thank you. I do appreciate all your help. I have many people that get me to ask questions on here for them, it always is a big help !!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X