X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Points for sick days Georgia

a 2 part question

#1 How can they give someone points for being out because of sickness or Doctors appt.This employment is in food industry are they not putting us all at risk of sickness?

Can anyone tell me how we can STOP mandatory overtime, if I apply for a job that is 40hrs a week, then why shouldn't overtime be MY choice. In some cases Mandatory overtime puts the employers life at risk eg. car crashes on the way home. But definitely puts the employers work at risk especially working around machinery. Why not hire enough people so that you do not have to FORCE people to work past there means.

1.) They can because there is no law that says they can't.

2.) Mandatory overtime is legal in all 50 states. If you want a law that prohibits it, you're going to have to lobby your elected representatives for change. Even in the current administration, don't expect to see it go through any time soon. It costs a great deal more to hire extra people than it does to have the people you already have working for you, work overtime.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
    X