Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• suspension time limits in florida. Florida

Greeting forum,

my wife works at assisted living facility in florida as a resident aide, she has been put on unpayed administrative suspension, this was 2 weeks ago, and we are now entering the 3rd week of her suspension and the administration has yet to contact my wifes witnesses regarding the 'event' that caused her to be put on suspension.

is there a time limit that they can keep her on suspension? or can they just keep her on suspension indefinitly till she is forced to find other employment.

any help is apreciated, thank you

Absent a contract, the employer can generally legally keep the employee on unpaid leave forever. The employer is not required to ever make a decision. Another way of saying this is that there are no rules on the subject, and absent any governmentally imposed rules, the employer has a good deal of latitude.

The employee should file for UI now. And start looking for work now. Please note that I did not say quit. Maybe the employer will call the employee back to work and maybe not. That is the employer's choice. But filing for UI now, and starting to look for another job now are the employee's choice.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Agree, nothing illegal here - there is no time limit they can keep her on suspension (minus a binding employment contract to the contrary).

She needs to file for UI benefits & might want to start looking for other employment.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X