X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• josh12845
    started a topic Am i entitled to supervisors pay? Florida

Am i entitled to supervisors pay? Florida

I work for a county sheriffs department. I am a corporal in our correctional facilty. Our Sgt. on shift was demoted, leaving me as the " on shift supervisor". I have been doing a Sgt's job for two months now, but i am still a corporal and receiving my same pay. I was told that there was a law that prohibited this act, and that i should be receiving a Sgt pay after so many days doing this job. Is this true? thanks in advance.

• ElleMD
    replied
    More likely this is a matter of an union agreement. Most of law enforcement is unionized in which case, contact your union and ask. Even if it is a munipal regulation, the union should know.

Leave a comment:

• Beth3
    replied
    I was told that there was a law that prohibited this act, and that i should be receiving a Sgt pay after so many days doing this job. Is this true?

There's no State or federal law that requires this. The county may have a policy/requirement that addresses this. You really need to speak to your CO and/or Human Resources Department.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    There is no such law for the private sector; nor is there any such law for the state of Florida. I suppose it's possible that your county may have such a regulation but we cannot speak to that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X