This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am i entitled to supervisors pay? Florida

I work for a county sheriffs department. I am a corporal in our correctional facilty. Our Sgt. on shift was demoted, leaving me as the " on shift supervisor". I have been doing a Sgt's job for two months now, but i am still a corporal and receiving my same pay. I was told that there was a law that prohibited this act, and that i should be receiving a Sgt pay after so many days doing this job. Is this true? thanks in advance.

There is no such law for the private sector; nor is there any such law for the state of Florida. I suppose it's possible that your county may have such a regulation but we cannot speak to that.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I was told that there was a law that prohibited this act, and that i should be receiving a Sgt pay after so many days doing this job. Is this true?

There's no State or federal law that requires this. The county may have a policy/requirement that addresses this. You really need to speak to your CO and/or Human Resources Department.

Comment

More likely this is a matter of an union agreement. Most of law enforcement is unionized in which case, contact your union and ask. Even if it is a munipal regulation, the union should know.
        I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

Working...
        X