This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paid Time Off for Florida Corporation but with Parent Company in California

Hello I am aware that in florida there is no law stating that a florida company having to pay paid time off. But i worked for a time share company that has its head quarters here in florida but is apart of a bigger hotel chain that has its head quarters in california. I know that in california there is a law stating that pto must be paid even upon being fired. So my question is which states law must be followed in this case. Thanks any help is greatly appreciated
    Last edited by tampabuc2004; 05-19-2011, 08:38 PM. Reason: dint know i wasnt allowed to post company names

Please remove company names from your post.

Comment

The law of the state where you worked applies. Fl. in this case.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The state the company is based out of is irrelevant. The state where the work has been performed/nexus has been established is the state whose laws you follow.

Comment

Working...
        X