X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anxiousabouttomorrow
    started a topic Shift - Terminated Federal Florida

Shift - Terminated Federal Florida

Hi everyone! First time poster in need of some advice.

Yesterday in the beginning of my shift my boss came in to let me know that after 7 years my overnight shift would be terminated. The good news is they can give me some shifts here and there during the day. I thought it was okay, I am a college student I can just restructure my classes. But after seeing what is available for the Fall semester I cannot continue working here.

I am heart broken I love this company and cannot believe that my shift can just be gone. I am happy they will give me some shifts, but it does not help, and now I have to quit/find another job.

Can I get unemployment?

• CatBert
    replied
    You can and should always file the claim...it is up to the state whether or not you receive benefits.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Yep, good point.

Fl. - Any individual who is currently unemployed or partially unemployed can file a claim.

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    Good point, Beth.

Leave a comment:

• Beth3
    replied
    If you accept the occasional day shifts being offered, you may well be eligible for partial unemployment benefits. Take what's being offered, apply for UC, and look for another job that fits with your school schedule. Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Agree, you generally don't get UI benefits if you quit. Maybe while working this job you can find another job before fall. Good luck to you.

Leave a comment:

• Pattymd
    replied
    Unlikely. You very seldom are granted benefits if you quit and it's not the employer's fault your can't work the new schedule into your school schedule. Your best bet is to work all the hours you can and look for another job that fits you school schedule better, but don't quit until you find something else.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X