X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Similar Case in Florida/Appeal Filed Late

5-5-10

I have a similar case in Florida. After I filed an Unemployment Claims Adjudicator found in my favor after the employer objected. The employer filed an appeal, but a day late. The late explanation she gives is that she was in Maryland at her father's memorial from 3/17 to 3/23. The date of the decision was 3/11 and she did not file until 4/1, so she had other times to file. Futhermore, the individual in question in one of three HR Directors in a large school board district with a large staff. There is alot more.

The two issues at hand are timeliness and reason for separation. I think I have a good chance of having the appeal dismissed for this reason, but it is up to the referee. What advice does anyone out there have for my hearing next week? I have some questions prepared on how long this person planned the trip, why someone else could not do it, etc...

Erin

Erin: Because it is confusing for the responders to have more than one poster in the same thread, I have moved your question into its own thread, and into the Florida forum rather than the NC.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Duplicate thread (do not respond to) - see http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=274899 (has responses).
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
        Duplicate thread (do not respond to) - see http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=274899 (has responses).
        And the responder seems to really know his stuff.
        Not everything in America is actionable in a court of law. Please remember that attorneys are in business for profit, and they get paid regardless of whether or not you win or lose.

I offer my knowledge and experience at no charge, I admit that I am NOT infallible, I am wrong sometimes, hopefully another responder will correct me if that is the case with the answer above, regardless, it is your responsibility to verify any and all information provided.

Comment

Originally posted by CatBert View Post
          And the responder seems to really know his stuff.
          & he's so humble about it!
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
          X