This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resigned 5 weeks early - now not giving 2009 Bonus! Florida

Can someone please let me know if there is anything in the Florida Labor Law that benefits my situation? My company is from another state (MO) and they do not have a written policy on the eligibility of the Bonus (PER my local HR Manager). She states that if someone is in process of resigning they are not eligibile for the 2009 bonus. SO my question is there anything in Florida Law that requires them to pay it out? I have learned my lesson and will never be "The Nice GAL" and give my employer more than the minimum notice required.

BTW I am not leaving for another company moving out of the country. And my employer knows this.

Thanks for your help!

Florida has some of the weakest employment laws in the country, so my gut reaction is that Florida law is not going to help you here.
    I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

Agree, no law that I know of re the payment of bonuses.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

It is by no means unusual for employees to have to be actively employed at the time of the bonus payout to be eligible. In the absence of a policy that guarantees the bonus, I can't think of anything in either Florida or Federal law that is going to help you.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
        X