This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last Paycheck for an Exempt Employee Florida

I earned $500 per week as an exempt salaried employee at a call center. I gave my two weeks notice to my employer and he agreed to let me work out the final two weeks or until he found a replacement. I normally worked five days per week.

Anyway, I worked 7 more work days and I had three more work days scheduled before my two week notice ran out. I was called at home and told I didn't need to come in for the final three days because they found a replacement.

I was expecting my last paycheck to be for $1000, (our paydays were every two weeks) but it was for only $700. My employer told me that I was paid $500 for the full week I worked and only another $200 for the two additional days I worked in my final week.

That's not right is it? Doesn't he owe me a full salary for my final week even though I only worked two days? After all, he let me go early during my two-week notice period.

One of the times an exempt salaried employee's pay can be docked for absences of less than a full week is: because the employee did not work a full first week or last week of work.

Some employers will go ahead & pay for this time but they are not legally required to do so.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
    X