This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question - salaried employee

I also am a salaried employee who is required to work a minimum of 45 hours per week. My concern is that my paystub only shows that I work 40 hours. I have no true record of how many hours I am working. Are there any guidlines for this?

In the future, please start your own thread and not try to piggy back on top of a long dead thread. Perhaps one of the moderators can move this to it's own thread.

"Salary" is just a payment method and means next to nothing by itself legally. What is important is the Exempt status.
    - What are your actual job duties?
    - What is the industry?
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Moving thread to its own new one.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I "piggy-backed" on this long dead thread because it mentions exactly what I am concerned about and was not addressed in the original responce. It was the first source google gave me when I attempted to find information. I truley apologize for not checking the date of the original post before asking my own question. The first two statements are true for myself. I live and work in the state of Florida. I was hired by a company and paid a salary to work 45 hours, though I tend to work more than that my paystubs only show that I work 40 hours. I do clock in and out when working so I am concerned as to why my paystubs do not show my true hours and if this can effect me in the future. I was simply trying to find out if there are any quidelines in reference to this. I apologize for piggy-backing and will return to google to search further for someone or some site that will actually offer help.

Comment

It is very, very common for a payroll software to "default" to 40 hours if an exact number of hours is not entered.

Salaried is only a pay method and means nothing of itself. If you are an exempt employee, then the number of hours you worked is meaningless and there is no requirement that your hours be tracked. If you are a non-exempt employee, then your employer is required to keep a record of your hours, but there is nothing in either Federal or Florida law that requires that it be noted on your stub.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by Violetiris View Post
            I apologize for piggy-backing and will return to google to search further for someone or some site that will actually offer help.
            I asked you exactly the questions that are needed to answer your question. You choose to not answer those questions. Your decision. However no matter what site you end up, someone is going to need this information that you choose to not provide to give you an actual answer.

Have a nice day.
            "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
            Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Working...
            X