This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General job security Florida

My friend works in a retail setting. She is very hard working, also very precise with her inventory. The scenerio is a woman came in and apparently found out of dates (by a day) in her department. She went right to the state with what she claimed she found. My question is can just a costomer have a store shut down or fined?.. The reason I ask this is, there really is no way to prove that the product she had came from my friends department. In reality, a recipt proves nothing in my opinion. The state DID come in and inspect, with NO results. Am I correct in thinking; the STATE, not a costomer could have a store shut down?? There are very nasty peole sometimes, that would love a lawsuit, that is my eperience from 12 years retail work...

A customer can certainly complain to a state or local agency. It would the agency's decision to close an establishment for violations of laws or codes.
    I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

How much pull does the law give one individual in this case?

You make perfect sence however, I wondered if that person submitting the claim could insist the establishment be closed. To be clear, I wondered if there were any laws giving an individual the right to lawfully insist the establishment be closed. Kind of like an individual filling a tresspassing warrant, then the police would act acording to the law....

Comment

They can insist all they want, but the agency investigating makes the determination as to whether fines will be levied or whether the store will be closed.

Comment

Agree, a customer can file a complaint but it would be up to the agcy. doing the investigation whether to close the store or not. (The investigating agcy. decides what action if any to take.)
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

To be clear, I wondered if there were any laws giving an individual the right to lawfully insist the establishment be closed.

No. There are not.

I hope that the answer to your question is now clear.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Good point, cbg, OP did ask about laws.
              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Thanks guy's and gal's, point is clear now

Comment

Working...
                X