This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• employer put a stop check on last paycheck Florida

I was employed at a small business for about 2 months before I couldn't take the owners crap anymore, after leaving, the employer put a stop check on my last paycheck because he thinks that as a customer, I owe him money , can he do that? Can an employer take your check if they think that as a customer of the same business you owe him money. I would think employment and being a customer are two different things.

Also, I was never asked to fill out a I9 citizenship verification form, nor a w9 tax witholding form, can I turn the idiot in to the feds?

Thanks.

Originally posted by Tampawrkr View Post
    I would think employment and being a customer are two different things.
    This normally is two different things. The problem is that FL does not have a state DOL and has very little in the way of state labor laws. Since the state of FL does not directly enforced labor laws at all, the solution in FL to both unpaid wages and unpaid invoices is to take the party to court. Your state is not my state, and I have no idea how FL courts view offsetting claims.

I-9 is a form issued by ICE. You could try complianing to them. I have no idea what process (if any) they have set up to handle complaints from employees.

W-9 is a form issued by IRS used to collect the ID information for non-employees (vendors). You maybe meant to say W-4, which is employee related.
    "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
    Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Working...
    X