This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminated and Don't know why

I was recently fired from a job and for no apparent reason. Will this have anything to do being able to collect ui? I was fired on a Sunday (my day off), and was given no explanation.

IF your employer intends to contest your unemployment benefits, then he will have to give the UI office (though not you) a reason for your termination.

All you have to do is tell the UI office that you were terminated and that no reason was given. Unless the employer is able to provide clear and convincing evidence that you were fired for a reason that would disqualify you for benefits, then as long as you otherwise qualify (you've worked long enough and earned enough in the applicable quarters) I see no reason why this would affect your UI.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Thanks for a quick response....

I have made the quarterly earnings that is required, as well as earnings from this organization, basically a start-up business in the plumbing field. I refused to work under the table, so to speak, and requested to be on the books officially. That led to my demise. This individual has had several employees that never seem to last 90 days, but he will tell you there's enough work for 5 people. I got led in by a fast talker and paid the price. There was no miscoduct connected to work, nor any other means on my part to be terminated, other than the fact he has very little work.

Comment

Working...
      X