This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• salary Florida

curently I work in FL. Since I work for salary and my employer force me to work 6 days a week ( more than 40 hrs a week) do u think that legal in Florida?

It's legal in every state. The only question is whether you must be paid for any hours worked in excess of 40 hours in a workweek. If you are exempt, the answer is no. If you are nonexempt, the answer is probably yes (depending on what type of industry this is and what you do there). "Salaried" is merely a pay method.
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by tshferaw View Post
      curently I work in FL. Since I work for salary and my employer force me to work 6 days a week ( more than 40 hrs a week) do u think that legal in Florida?
      Yes. The only exceptions would be for minors & certain occupations such as airline pilot & long haul trucker (due to safety reasons).

Note Patty's info re whether you have to be paid overtime or not for hrs. worked past 40 in a work week.
      Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
      X