This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abusive Employer Florida

I work in a small office. My employer has never worked in an office environment. She is very abusive in speaking to me and other employees.
    She constantly tells me I am very slow and must step up. Everytime I start a project, she stops me and tells me to do another project. Then a few hours later she asks if I finished the first project, and I say no, "you told me to do another project" she starts screaming. This goes on every day. I share an office with her and every few minutes she asks me to email someone, make a phone call for her, constant interruptions, write checks for her, etc.,where nothing can get done. Every person who has worked for her has left due to her abusive behavior. I don't want to quite, but she is making it very hard for me to stay. What can I do? Please advise. Thank you.

I could try to tell you how to make nice or suck up. You could try talking to her and explain how you feel, but I would not advise it.

If you are working with the owner and her general personality is offensive, you only have two choices, learn to love it or move on. Only you know which choice you can live with. I know that this is not fair, but life rarely is.
    Good luck.

Comment

Just ignore it. It's like a hurricane, you can't fight it without being destroyed. You can only face it with composure and civility, and get on with your business.

Sometimes the 1000 yard stare helps when they get really worked up.

Comment

There's not much you can do except live with it or quit. Your employer sounds like a real winner.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Agreed. I suggest you start looking for a new job and then resign your current position when you accept another offer. Your boss is "hard wired" to be a maniac and she's not going to change.

Comment

Working...
          X