This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help with appeal

First of all call your local law school's clinic. Sometimes they handle appeal cases. Another option is to start the ball rolling yourself. There are time limits and it's important that you go to your local court and ask the clerk specifically for a poverty affidavit. This is a form you can sign stating that you have no money and cannot afford payment to petition the court.

Then quickly seek out an attorney who might jump on board. The court will approve payment for that attorney on your behalf. If you cannot find an attorney to help, the experience is worth a thousand experiences.

I stumbled through the process and am now awaiting the Kansas District Court's decision. The judge made many allowances as I am a layperson and I had to read each and every law to be able to petition and answer and reply to the decision makers initial decision to deny benefits.

It's scarry, but worth the trouble. Don't allow anyone to tell you not to try. You deserve it to yourself. You have every right to be an advocate for your self.

appeal.

Comment

Working...
    X