X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rozal
    started a topic Minor Break Restrictions Connecticut

Minor Break Restrictions Connecticut

At my previous job, it was required that minors take at least a 45 minute break when working over five hours. Now at (a different retailer) I get a thirty minute break every 7-1/2 hours. Is there a state law on minor's breaks?
    Last edited by cbg; 10-28-2007, 12:28 AM.

• Betty3
    replied
    Originally posted by cbg View Post
    Even so, it's essentially the same question and you answered for both state and Federal in the first thread. That's all s/he needs.
    You're right.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    Even so, it's essentially the same question and you answered for both state and Federal in the first thread. That's all s/he needs.

Thanks, though, Betty.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    I shouldn't have replied twice - the only reason I did in this case is because in one thread he asked about fed. law & in the other Ct. law.

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    Duplicate post.

Please post each question only once; all the responders read all the employment law forum and multiple postings of the same question serves only to confuse things.

Leave a comment:

• Betty3
    replied
    Ct - employees required to work for 7 1/2 or more consecutive hrs. must be allowed at least 30 consecutive min. for a meal. Employers are exempt from this requirement is (1) requiring compliance would be adverse to public safety, (2) the duties of the position may only be performed by one employee, (3) the employer employs fewer than 5 employees on a shift at a single place of busi. (only applies to that shift), and (4) the continuous nature of the operation requires employees to be available to respond to urgent conditions & employees are compensated for break & meal periods. The meal period must come after the 1st 2 hrs. & before the last 2 hrs. of work.

How old are you - it seems your current employer is in compliance though.
    Last edited by Betty3; 10-27-2007, 07:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X