This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vacation Pay on Termination Connecticut

I am setting a policy governing the payment of vacation pay to terminated employees. I there anything wrong with:

Employees who terminate with less than six months service are not eligible to be paid for any vacation.

Employees with more than six months service who terminate during the vacation year will receive pay for unused vacation based on a daily rate.

Employees who fail to give two weeks notice or who are discharged for cause will not be paid for unused vacation.

Any comments would be appreciated.

OK, first question; is this for employees in MA or CT?
    I post with the full knowledge and support of my employer, though the opinions rendered are my own and not necessarily representative of their position. In other words, I'm a free agent.

Comment

According to my sources, that policy would be fine in CT.

Your screen name indicates that you are in MA. If you have any MA employees, for those employees payout of earned but unused vacation time is, by MA state law, unconditional.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

And I would say that pro-rating on a daily rate is kind of overkill.
        I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ElleMD View Post
          OK, first question; is this for employees in MA or CT?
          The employees are in CT.

Comment

Working...
          X