This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I fight for my job/pay? Connecticut

I was employed by a large oil company here in Connecticut from 6/06/99 to 7/31/05. Everything was great I made good money. Never had been written up for anything and was given a management position within 3 years. I worked 60 hours weekly and always made sure the job was done before I went home.
    Then it happened! My district manager retired and an ex cop took over his job and my troubles began. I would get yelled and swore at over the phone. I was threatned face to face by him. I eventually was demoted with no reason given except for it is his choice. My job was given to a well underqualified younger woman who would never do the hours I did and has since quit.
    In July of 05 I was offered a position in the corporate office that I had applied for and this Job came with a $1.00 more an hour and no nights weekends etc. So I jumped at it. On my 3rd day at corporate after I had returned from lunch I was called to the CEO's office and told it was not going to work out he would pay me for the rest of the day to go home and call my old district manager on monday to go back to doing what work I had been doing before my "promotion". Well I did and was told he needed a few days. then after a few days it was a few days more days now i have moved on to another job but I am still angry inside and upset. I know that I never did anything wrong and they had not one reason to let me go but they did I always did my job and never had problems with others. I have asked for my personel file and been denied.
    I lost my home and my truck after I lost my job because I could not get another job that paid me what I was making. Honetly I could find no work in this town and even went as far as to have a male friend of mine call for a reference for me from this oil company and he was given an unsavory opinion of me. I feel that i should fight because i know this was a personal thing that this district manager had with me and that is the one and only reason i lost my job.
    can anyone out there give me some suggestions or help? I really appreciate it

And this was in 2005?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Yes this was 7/31/05 I know it was 2 yrs ago but I am still mad because i know that I never should have been let go. do you ask for statue of limitations or because I should be over this by now?

Comment

Statute of limitations. You've gone well beyond the point where you can file a claim, even if you had one, which is not certain. It is FAR too late to do anything now.

Of course, you're not doing yourself any favors by continuing to stay mad about it.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
        X